Pharmacological properties. Flagyl ER (Metronidazole) is a synthetic antiprotozoal and antibacterial agent of the nitroimidazole. It is active against Trichomonas vaginalis, Entamoeba histolytica and spp., Clostridium spp.). For aerobic bacteria and fungi drug is inactive.
Pharmacokinetics. Metronidazole it is easily soaked up through a digestive path. Gets into bodies through blood-brain barrier, a placenta and in chest milk, collects in a liver. It is deduced with urine, bile and feces, in not changed kind and in a kind metabolites. Completely Flagyl it is deduced from an organism in 1-3 days after introduction. With fibers of blood communicates less than 15 % of a preparation.
Indications to application. Flagyl is used to treat infections caused by anaerobic pathogens: wound infection, respiratory infection, urinary tract, intestine, prevention of anaerobic infections before surgery on the intestines, trichomoniasis, amoebiasis, giardiasis, Crohn's disease, treatment of gastroduodenal ulcers associated with Helicobacter pylori.
Side effects. Anorexia, dry mouth, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, headache, itchy skin, dark urine.
Contra-indications. The period of pregnancy and feeding by a breast, iblood disorders, defeats of the central nervous system.
Way of application and dose.
Pictures Flagyl (Metronidazole).
60 pills x 400 mg - $54.23 - ($0.90 Per Pills) - Buy Now!
90 pills x 400 mg - $68.11 - ($0.76 Per Pills) - Buy Now!
120 pills x 400 mg - $85.55 - ($0.71 Per Pills) - Buy Now!
90 pills x 200 mg - $52.09 - ($0.58 Per Pills) - Buy Now!
120 pills x 200 mg - $59.83 - ($0.50 Per Pills) - Buy Now!
- Flagyl (metronidazole) for trichomoniasis appointed interior, 250 mg 2 times daily for 7-15 days or 2 g once a day. This involves the simultaneous treatment of all sexual partners.
- In non-specific bacterial vaginitis orally administered 500 mg 2 times a day for 7 days or 2 g of 1-day and 2 g on day 3 of treatment.
- In acute amoebic dysentery and amebic liver abscess adult prescribe an oral dose of 2 g / day at one time for 2-3 days, the children - by 35-50 mg / kg per day (3 doses) for 5 days.
- Asymptomatic amoebiasis intestinal adult appointed interior, 750 mg 3 times daily for 10 days.
- In Giardiasis adult prescribe a dose of 2 g / day for 1 admission for 3 days, the children - 25-40 mg / kg per day in 2 divided doses for 7 days.
- Ulcerative gingivitis adult prescribe an oral dose of 250 mg 3 times daily for 3 days.
- Anaerobic bacterial infections of the adult prescribe oral dose of 500 mg 3 times a day for children at the rate of 20 mg / kg per day in 3 divided doses.
- For prophylaxis in surgical interventions for adults administered an oral dose of 1 g for 2 h before surgery, then 500 mg 3 times daily for 2-3 days after surgery. Children prescribed 25 mg / kg 2 hours before surgery, followed by 20 mg / kg per day in 3 divided doses for 2-3 days after surgery.
- In Crohn's disease adult prescribe 500 mg two times a day for children - 20 mg / kg per day in 2 divided doses.
- Gastroduodenal ulcers when associated with Helicobacter pylori, metronidazole is used in combination with specific antiulcer drugs on 250-500 mg of 4.2 times per day.
The information on a site cannot be considered as the recommendation to patients on diagnosing and treatment of any diseases and cannot take the place of consultation of the doctor.
The given information cannot be used for decision-making on change of an order and the mode of application of products recommended physician.